"we'll asisst you…"
Blue screen error, why & how to troubleshoot
Stop errors (also sometimes called blue screen or black screen errors) can occur if a serious problem causes Windows to shut down or restart unexpectedly. You might see a message that says, “Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.”
These errors know as blue screen of death (BSOD) can be caused by both hardware and software issues, and it can be difficult to troubleshoot the problem.
In reality, the Windows blue screen is an essential safety measure. It acts as protection against further damage to your computer by halting error-prone software and hardware and restarting it before the issue gets worse.
Here are a few quick things you can do to fix your Windows blue screen blues;
- Cool down your computer. BSODs are often due to heating issues inside your computer. For desktops, try investing in a better cooling and fan system. For laptops, a cooling pad will do wonders in reducing the temperature of your system.
- Add some RAM. Some programs need more memory space to run so adding RAM not only gives your computer a much needed boost, it also helps keep the dreaded blue screen at bay. For certain Windows 7 machines, you can also use the system’s ReadyBoost and add memory by just plugging in a USB 2.0 flash drive.
- the Registry. The registry is essentially your operating system’s index for your PC. One wrong entry in it will cascade into catastrophic failure. There are some readily available registry cleaners on the market and some even have robust scheduling and automated repair features that will help keep your registry clean at all times.
Again, we cannot stress enough that fixing your registry manually is both dangerous and difficult. Any mistake in editing it by yourself can cause some of your programs to stop running or worse, it can permanently render your computer inoperable.
Your best bet is to use a reliable and trusted registry cleaner to do the job for you. Not only will it automatically fix the Windows 7 blue screen, it will also speed up your computer considerably.
The following tools and methods can often help get Windows up and running again;
- Resolving blue screen errors in windows7.
- Fix windows 7 blue screen.
- pcauthorities – repair blue screen and error codes
- errordecoder.com-stop errorcode list (BSOD)