"we'll asisst you…"
Setup new NAS at small office
NAS : Synology ds214+ (2bay) +3 Tb Wd Red label Hdisk.
Router : TP-LINK T-8970
Installations as per given user guide with stock firmware on the new router. We also install standards recommended apps by synology.
NAS will benefits the company on controlling data shared based on user and group also implementing centralize data storage, NAS also enable user to access remotely from outside the local network.
Standard network structure: NAS->router<->switch-> other pcs
After 2 weeks, user complaint of surfing lag they noted that due to the NAS installations, other pc connections to Internet become to slow. Today, we did amendment as follows to see effects to Internet surfing by other devices;
- upgrade the router firmware.
- set DNS server to google (126.96.36.199/188.8.131.52)
- off DHCP Server at NAS and assign fix ip outside the dhcp pool that is (192.168.1.130-192.168.1.199) and DNS to google.
- disable all apps at NAS especially the cloud services.
- set connections using HTTP instead of HTTPS.
- assign scheduled off/restart daily at 0200-0300 NAS
Look forward to clients comments after couple of days. If the connections is improving, we will start to reenable other apps on synology. We also notice that the existing network structure can be improve by changing other device such as the switch,network cable and by the use of static ip on all connected devices.
As for wifi coverage, the new router already solved the coverage connections at the most far room by in proving the strength from 1 bar to 3 bar, if this to be improve, we will suggest the use of range extender adaptor that can be plug into power socket ( no cabling needed).